Thursday, March 24, 2011

New movie format

Over the past few days I have been working at creating a webpage that contains the video and a Google form. Getting the Google form in place was easy. Getting my current video format to show was not. I was trying to embed a Screencast media roll into the page, but in the end decided it was time to move on. So I downloaded the free version of Camtasia and used it to record the videos. It was realtively easy to use - somewhat similar interface to Jing. However, make sure that you change the type of file to .avi (under tools - options - saving). The default is a .camrec file that is not compatible with the players out there. This file is a project file that is used by Camtasia alone. I found this out the hard way. The first recording I made, I did not change the default and I ended up having to convert the file. Fortunately I found a way to convert the file (thank you Internet!).
I also changed the navigation on my site from sidebar navigation to horizontal navigation to make it easier to get to the videos. Check out the new pages and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I like the new look of your website. I too moved to tabs across the top instead of links in the side bar. I wanted more space available and a wider area to display my class notes.

    I also downloaded Camtasia, but because it has so many additional features, it not as easy to learn, so I haven't been as motivated.

    I also want to embed the Google doc after my screencast, but haven't taken the time to really work with all of the different components.